I thought I’d wait a little while before talking about this. Now that the storm appears to have calmed a bit, I fell more comfortable talking about it.
I DO NOT SUPPORT THE LEAKING OF CONTENT – WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE PUNISHED
What We Know
- We know Season 9 will be the final season of Friendship is Magic. That’s just how it is. Hasbro and the show staff are preparing for the next big thing, which is generation 5.
- A second movie will be made. This movie will not be a sequel to the FiM movie from 2017. This film will introduce us to generation 5.
- Some major changes will happen to the characters and world.
- It will be more mature than FiM and geared towards a slightly older demographic.
- Equestria Girls will continue for some time after the end of FiM.
Speculation / Subject to Change
- The mane 6 might be in it, but they might not be.
- If the mane 6 are in it, they will undergo so major changes. Twilight Sparkle might be an earth pony, Pinkie a pegasus, and Fluttershy a unicorn.
- Applejack will have the most changes. Her name might even change. She may be a more badass character, somewhat reminiscent of Sunset Shimmer.
- There will be 3 realms.
- The earth ponies will reside in the plains and hills.
- The unicorns will reside in a massive forest realm. (Might be named the Everfree)
- The pegasi will reside in the sky, living in great floating cities.
- There will be an additional 2 characters to the main cast, both of which are male.
- The movie will be CG.
- The show will be from Boulder, as apposed to DHX.
To be perfectly honest, I’m rather conflicted. I really like these ideas. I would truly love to see a more fairy tail fantasy version of MLP. The only thing I don’t like is the changes to the characters. I feel it would be a major turnoff for a lot of people. Even if every single brony likes the new show, there will be many who simply won’t be interested in watching because of the changes to the mane 6.
What’s your take on this? Are you interested in G5? What parts to you like, and what do you hate?
Let me know in the comments below!